Android 9.2.3.4 :Missing imx8mn/media_codecs_no_vpu.xml

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9.2.3.4 :Missing imx8mn/media_codecs_no_vpu.xml

mps
Contributor I

I am trying to build for evk_8mn-userdebug with following flag enabled.

#Enable this to config 1GB ddr on evk_imx8mn
LOW_MEMORY := true

It looks like media_codecs_no_vpu.xml is not present.

1005/1005] including vendor/nxp/linux-firmware-imx/firmware/Android.mk ...
build/make/core/Makefile:28: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/evk_8mn/root/init.rc'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/evk_8mn/root/init.rc'
build/make/core/Makefile:28: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/evk_8mn/vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/evk_8mn/vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml'
ninja: error: 'vendor/nxp/fsl-proprietary/media-profile/imx8mn/media_codecs_no_vpu.xml', needed by 'out/target/product/evk_8mn/vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml', missing and no known rule to make it
15:47:32 ninja failed with: exit status 1

# Copy media_codecs.xml for 1GB evk_imx8mn board
#ifeq ($(LOW_MEMORY),true)
#PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
# $(FSL_PROPRIETARY_PATH)/fsl-proprietary/media-profile/imx8mn/media_codecs_no_vpu.xml:$(TARGET_COPY_OUT_VENDOR)/etc/media_codecs.xml
#endif

cheers,

mohit

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mohit,

You should try the Android 10 that has better support for MX8Mnano, To use SW decoder in 8MM, you just need to update the vendor/etc/media_codecs.xml file to remove HW codecs.

Regards

0 Kudos

mps
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TCFSL,

I am trying to build official "Android P9.0.0_2.3.4" release as per "Android_Release_Notes.pdf" 8mn nano is supported. Please see text from the same document below. 

"The i.MX Android TM P9.0.0_2.3.4 is a release for the Android Pie 9.0 (P) on
NXP's i.MX 8M Nano, i.MX 8QuadXPlus b0, and i.MX 8QuadXPlus c0
applications processors."

Are you implying that Android P9.0.0_2.3.4 doesn't support imx8MN and also my question was about 8MN not about 8MM.

cheers,

mohit

0 Kudos