cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5644A CAN_B Pin Connections

tgc-yilmaz
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using mpc5644a. I want to communicate over the CAN_B. EVB document provides information about the pin connections required for CAN A and CAN C, but information about FlexCAN B is unfortunately not available. What are the pin connections required to communicate over CAN_B? Can you help with this?

pastedImage_2.png

Thank you for your help...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

remove jumpers on J27 and use wires to connect CAN_B RX to J27.3 and CAN_B TX to J27.4.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

tgc-yilmaz
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. But I'll have another request. Can you specify the CAN_B RX and CAN_B TX pins in detail? Unfortunately, despite my research, I could not obtain this information. It is specified for CAN_A and CAN_B but CAN_B is not available.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you should find where CAN_B signals are located on EVB. As per xPC564A EVB User Manual it is on PJ11

pastedImage_1.png

then connect those pins to J27. CNRXB to J27.3 and CNTXB to J27.4.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

tgc-yilmaz
Contributor III

Hello,

By providing this connection, I was able to work with the 324 pin microcontroller, but when I provided the same connection on the 176 pin microcontroller, I could not observe the messages. Could you please help with this issue, or if there is a document where I can see the pin separation for 176 and 324 pin evaluation boards, can you guide me?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos