cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meta-qt5 yocto layer does not compile

Jump to solution
s_savchenko
Contributor II

I compile the image and SDK for board using Yocto. Compiling the image(without -c populate_sdk) looks ok, but when I try to populate an SDK I get a couple of errors (seems the issue is in "meta-qt5" layer).

So, I use bitbake <image_name> -c populate_sdk. The branch is rocko. After executing bitbake i get the next errors:

ERROR: qt3d-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+0d923f9fc3-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /opt/PHYTEC_BSPs/IMX6/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-phytec-linux-gnueabi/qt3d/5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+0d923f9fc3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.2150)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /opt/PHYTEC_BSPs/IMX6/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-phytec-linux-gnueabi/qt3d/5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+0d923f9fc3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.2150 ERROR: Task (/opt/PHYTEC_BSPs/IMX6/sources/poky/../meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtwebkit_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5415 tasks of which 5406 didn't need to be rerun and 2 failed. NOTE: Writing buildhistory  Summary: 2 tasks failed:   /opt/PHYTEC_BSPs/IMX6/sources/poky/../meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qt3d_git.bb:do_compile   /opt/PHYTEC_BSPs/IMX6/sources/poky/../meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtwebkit_git.bb:do_compile

Here are the log files: qt_webkit and qt3d. They are quite large but can be useful.

Also, I compile it on Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual machine (4 CPU, 8GB RAM).

Image is built for PhyBoard Nunki based on imx6.

Does anyone know whats going wrong?

1 Solution
s_savchenko
Contributor II

Found a solution for Ubuntu 18.04.

For building SDK It's necessary to install some additional software. Try to exec the next commands and re-run the bitbake.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y -q --no-install-recommends -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" \
-o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" build-essential chrpath cpio diffstat file  \
g++-multilib gawk gcc-multilib git-core locales openssh-client python python3 \
socat sudo texinfo tmux unzip wget

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

export LANG='en_US.UTF-8' LANGUAGE='en_US:en' LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'

I am not sure about Ubuntu 16.04, but on 18.04 everything works fine for me.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
s_savchenko
Contributor II

Found a solution for Ubuntu 18.04.

For building SDK It's necessary to install some additional software. Try to exec the next commands and re-run the bitbake.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y -q --no-install-recommends -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" \
-o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" build-essential chrpath cpio diffstat file  \
g++-multilib gawk gcc-multilib git-core locales openssh-client python python3 \
socat sudo texinfo tmux unzip wget

sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

sudo locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

export LANG='en_US.UTF-8' LANGUAGE='en_US:en' LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'

I am not sure about Ubuntu 16.04, but on 18.04 everything works fine for me.

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sergey,

Have you installed all of package listed in the yocto user guide? if not, pls refer to the chapter 3.1 Host packages of user guide, and install all of them

or

Try to clean and build again

YOCTO project clean 

Regards

0 Kudos
s_savchenko
Contributor II

I have tried to rebuild, after installing additional tools and cleaning. With the same result. I got two errors

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The error is "

• Collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile.api:94: recipe for target '../lib/libQt5WebKit.so.5.9.2' failed

"

You have to burn te compiler again or to contact Phytec, because we are going in libQT5WebKit 5.4.1. Sorry we can´t help you.

Regards

0 Kudos
s_savchenko
Contributor II

Hello,

I have written to them but they ignored me :smileyhappy:

Thank you for the help!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
s_savchenko
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I will try to install necessary packages and to build the sdk again after cleaning.

But anyway, everything worked fine (maybe a couple months ago) with the same environment.

0 Kudos