Dual camera(ov5640) in iMx8 M mini

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual camera(ov5640) in iMx8 M mini

anushan
Contributor III

We are trying to implement dual camera(both are ov5640) in imx8 m mini, but the processor has only one csi controller, is it possible to realize this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jane1201
Contributor I

Hallo, 

is there any follow up on this topic? 

I am facing the same issue. My application is for wearable device with dual camera.  Regarding price and power consumption, iMx8 M mini is the better choice, I think. 

But Mini has only one CSI lane. do we have any multiplexer boards available, so we can chose one camera at a time by GPIO ? 

regards

Jane

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Anusha,

You can try one USB Camera and one MIPI CSI it should works.

Regards

0 Kudos

anushan
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

imx8 m mini has only one csi controller, but we want to have two cameras(both ov5640) one as front camera and one as back camera.

My doubt is whether we can use two cameras on different i2c buses with one csi controller, we have a gpio to select the camera one at a time by making it high and low.

0 Kudos

prasannakulkarni
Contributor IV

Hi Anusha,

Just check the below link whether it can help you !!

Dual camera support for i.MX8M EVK 

0 Kudos

anushan
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

I have already gone through the link, but imx8 m mini has only one csi controller where as the soc mentioned in the link has two csi controllers from the processor.

My doubt is whether we can use two cameras on different i2c buses with one csi controller, we have a gpio to select the camera one at a time by making it high and low.

0 Kudos