cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG security

jonas_karlsson
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

We are looking at enabling JTAG security on the i.MX8QXP and there are two key fuses available: TrustZone KEY (Fuse Row Index 704-707) and OEM Key (Fuse Row Index 722-725).

I've been unable to find documentation regarding the difference between the two keys mentioned above and what J-tag capabilities are associated with each key. If someone would care to explain or point out relevant documentation, that would be great!

In application note AN12631 on how to authenticate a Lauterbach with secure JTAG enabled, a number of cmm scripts are referenced. Where can one obtain these scripts?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jonas Karlsson,

There is no much publicly available documentation regarding this other than the Security Reference Manuals, which require an NDA. In general terms the JTAG may request to debug in TrustZone or in the Normal World, depending on the request one of the two keys would be used for the challenge by the Authenticated Debug Module (ADM) which would then allow to enable the debug mode.

As for the Lauterbach scripts, they are available, but I would need to ask you to please open a service ticket/case requesting them as they are not publicly available. You can find details on how to open a Case on the following document:

https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos