AnsweredAssumed Answered

Building BSP returns error: Link error : Overflow in segment: vectorrom from section: .vectors

Question asked by Carl Norman on Apr 28, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 by James McNamara

I have followed the steps on page 138 of the MQXUG to create my new BSP (mybsp) for release 3.1. I had previously done this in MQX3.0 and had no major problems.

Here is a brief overview of what i have done to get the error:

1. I follow all the steps in the UG pg 138 and get the mybsb.cw output files (which I believe both psp/bsb compile as expected, there are certainly no errors or warnings, paths are all updated, files all renamed, files all exist and appear normal).

2. I then create a new project in codewarrior where I want to use my new bsp/psp/lib. There is no way to select your own BSP or libraries from the list, so I am forced to choose the MQX library using the 52259EVB bsp (codewarrior only lists the default BSP's instead of looking in the output directory to give you all the available options). So this part is manually performed which is likely to be part of our problem.

3. I then remove all files in the "MQX Libraries" and reset to same files found in mybsp.cw

4. I change all the paths to match in the project options

5. I reset project entry paths and research for files

5. I go to build and i get the following two errors:

Link error : Overflow in segment: vectorrom from section: .vectors

Segment reserved size is: 0x0000000400 -- Overflow of: 0x0x0000000400

Link error : Overflow in segment: cfmprotorom from section: .cfmprotect

Segment reserved size is: 0x0000000400 -- Overflow of: 0x0x0000000400

I have not modified a single thing inside any file, just changed the names and paths...

Not sure what to do now, I have spent a couple of hours experimenting to see if I could work it out but have had no luck with something which should be very simple.

Message Edited by CarlFST60L on 2009-04-28 07:01 AM

Outcomes