cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF52211 CW ver 7.1 w/ patch. debugging from flash problem

tom1285
Contributor I

hello,

I am having difficulty when debugging using the USB ColdFire Multilink. when i go to debug out of RAM i am able to run for the most part - barring the random cpu_interrupt that causes the processor to halt. so i decided to attempt to debug out of FLASH instead of RAM. when i do this however, none of the variables are getting cleared and none of the break points are getting hit properly. is there a setting that i am missing somewhere that i should be using or am using improperly?

-tom

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

james_edwards
Contributor I

Tom, 

I think there is definitely something broken in 7.11a Debug.

I just updated a CW6.4 MCF5485 project that runs and shows ALL variables under  CW6.4 Debug, and just does not work in 7.11a.  After the "upgrade??" it only shows some of the most basic local variables in 7.11a and gives  the following errors in the "value" colum of the Debug window

*No address info available for variable* and

*unknown error Ò100428Ó*

for all the other local and global variables,,,, kind of hard to debug this way!!!

I checked to make sure I'm generating the "symbolic info" and the Elf Sysbol table in the coldfire Linker

Is anyone else having this grief?

-james

0 Kudos

james_edwards
Contributor I

Tom,

I think I just figured it out.

Try Un-checking - Target Settings Pannel \  Coldfire Processor \Registor Coloring.

Worked for me,,, now I can "see" my variables,,, all I need to do now is figure out why stepping is so much slower in 7.1.1.a than it was in 6.4

James

0 Kudos