cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexSPI Boot - which FlexSPI port?

chriscowdery
Contributor V

Hi All,

According to the reference manual for iMXRT1021, table 8-1 (ROM Bootloader Peripheral PinMux), the Bootloader can boot from FlexSPI_A in two places, and FlexSPI_B.

But I cannot see how it decides which one is the correct port?

Does it try all of them until it finds a good one?

I see nothing in the fuses or GPIO pins to control this feature?

Thanks,

Chris.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris, 

ROM does not support boot from FLEXSPI_B port directly. ROM always seeks a valid Flash Configuration Block from the FLEXSPI_A port and then re-configures the FLEXSPI controller using the valid parameters in the block read-out. This reconfiguration can include but is not limited to, FLEXSPI_B port support.

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

chriscowdery
Contributor V

Hi Victor,

Thanks. Does that also mean that the Boot ROM always uses FLEXSPI_A 'primary pinmux' ? I.e. I cannot connect my Flash to the 'secondary pinmux' port (page 186 of Reference Manual) ?

Thanks,

Chris.

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris,

You can use the secondary pinmux, but keep in mind that these pins are used only for QSPI devices as specified in Table 8-9. Also, if you want to use these pins you will have to burn the corresponding fuses on the BOOT_CFG1 field.

Regards, 

Victor