cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1043ardb u-boot falcon mode from nor

PeterBergin
Contributor III

Hi,

is it possible to run u-boot falcon mode on ls1043ardb when booting from NOR?

I'm in a project using ls1043a and we want to have as short boot time as possible. That is the background as reason for the question. I think u-boot Falcon mode can be a good choice for the fast boot path.

Best regards,

/Peter

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for the previous information - I've used incorrect source.

> is it possible to run u-boot falcon mode on ls1043ardb when booting from NOR?

It should be possible, because SPL_OS_BOOT support is present under the spl_nor support in u-boot code. (check out common/spl/spl_nor.c).

The AN12537 gives you steps to configure Falcon boot mode in U-Boot SPL, so all the configurations settings that are required to be done for Falcon Boot (with PPA) are already mentioned.

With the provided configuration settings, only U-boot SPL framework (with support of booting OS) is used rather than full blown u-boot.

U-Boot SPL enables basic set of operations like- DDR initialization, verifying and decoding FIT image header, calculating addresses to load kernel, dtb and ramdisk images.

U-Boot SPL does not allow device tree expansion and fixup. So this AN also gives the method to provide the this fixed up and fully expanded device tree to pass to the kernel.

0 Kudos