Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using KW39/38/37 as HCI dongle

Jump to solution
jay_lee
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm join a project. Our application need a chip which support "coded and 2M PHY" and could direct control by HCI uart.

Does KW39/38/37 meet our needs? If yes, which one do you recommend and ? And Is there any document describing how to set it up??

Thanks,

Jay

Labels (3)
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jay, I hope you're doing well!

There's USB dongle development kit called the USB-KW38. It actually uses a KW37 as its MCU, but nevertheless, covers the BLE 5 errata you're looking for (namely, the 2M and Coded PHY, but it covers the rest of the BLE 5 Optional Errata as well).

There's also an SDK package specifically designed for this USB Dongle, which can be downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK builder, and customized to your needs. The documentation package including the description for the SDK Examples can also be downloaded from this page after building your SDK.

The HCI BlackBox SDK example can be found in the following path of the SDK:

<…\SDK_2.6.5_USB-KW38\boards\usbkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\hci_bb>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jay_lee
Contributor II

Hi,

1. About "Virtual COM driver"

--> My personal computer is WIN10.  It could detect and install virtual COM driver.

But my official PC is WIN7 x64.   It still need virtual COM driver, PLZ provide it.

2. In Getting Started with the USB-KW38

-->USB-KW38 Development Platform

Step 2.3: ......Then hold down SW2 (I think this is KW37 RST SW)  on the board and plug it into your computer. It will enumerate as a DAPLINKBOOT drive, and then drag-and-drop the 43_OpenSDA_USB-KW38.bin file onto that drive to update the OpenSDA app.

Where to download "43_OpenSDA_USB-KW38.bin" file ?

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have answered in your other post: https://community.nxp.com/thread/534481 

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

jay_lee
Contributor II

Hi 

I already got USB-KW38.

But My computer could not find  "KINETIS VIRTUAL COM" drive.

Could you provide it?

Jay

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There's USB dongle development kit called the USB-KW38. It actually uses a KW37 as its MCU, but nevertheless, covers the BLE 5 errata you're looking for (namely, the 2M and Coded PHY, but it covers the rest of the BLE 5 Optional Errata as well).

There's also an SDK package specifically designed for this USB Dongle, which can be downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK builder, and customized to your needs. The documentation package including the description for the SDK Examples can also be downloaded from this page after building your SDK.

The HCI BlackBox SDK example can be found in the following path of the SDK:

<…\SDK_2.6.5_USB-KW38\boards\usbkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\hci_bb>

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian