USB3 Ring expansion failed with iMX8m

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB3 Ring expansion failed with iMX8m

a5405a
Contributor I

I am using iMX8m + Ubuntu 16.04.6 + Linux kernel 4.14.98_2.0.0_ga with USB3 Flir camera on USB3 port. Meeting a USB3 problem about as below:

[   33.119378] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: Ring expansion failed
Error: Spinnaker: Could not start acquisition. Please try reconnecting the device. [-1010]

I used USB2 port no problem to connect USB3 Flir camera, but only failed with USB3 port. Do any suggestion to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

a5405a
Contributor I

Hi gusarambula,

Because I am still using iMX8m, tied to the USB3 "ring expansion failed!" problem. Any suggestion for us to resolve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello A5405a Lo,

It could be related to either the kernel or the hardware. I would recommend contacting Advantech as they manufacture and support the ROM-5720 EVK board and if possible testing a newer kernel revision as apparently upgrading the kernel may have helped in the past with similar issues: https://community.nxp.com/message/1124879

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello A5405a Lo,

Would you please provide more details? Which board are you using? The i.MX8M EVK? It could be either that the USB ports are differently configured on the hardware side or that the driver need to be modified to support both ports.

Regards,

0 Kudos

a5405a
Contributor I

Hi gusarambula,

Thanks for your help.

I am used advantech ROM-5720 EVK board with iMX8m. Does this problem cause by USB3 HW?

I have ever studies the Linux driver such as : "../drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c" that mention the "ring expansion failed!".

Do you have any method help me modify the Linux USB3 driver to avoid USB3 problems or any hint to clarify USB3 HW layout?

I have test this USB3 flir camera on Nvidia TX2 working well on USB3 port.

Thanks

0 Kudos