cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080 - Voice Over BLE

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello team,

My customer is looking for ultra-low power Voice Over BLE solutions?

Could you please advise if our QN9080 supports VoBLE/VoGT or there are other NXP BLE device which supports Voice over BLE?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shai 

Labels (1)
  • QN

0 Kudos
10 Replies

aaron_ye
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai,

I port the dmic driver to the QPPS BLE application based on QN9090 to realize the dmic data collection and BLE transmission. The voice data can be played in our test APP "VoLE".  

Please find the document and codes in attachment. But noted this demo is first draft at this moment and have many improvement  points. For example, to enable all the SRAM sectors to allocate more space to store larger dmic data, to use larger BLE ATT MTU to transfer the data, to optimize the dmic settings, etc.

And now the "VoLE" uses decompression algorithm by default, the BLE application needs use compression algorithm before transmission. It will influence the voice quality. I tried to collect the original dmic data and added the WAVE header manually, and played the data in PC, it sounded well. You can also try this. Thanks.

Best regards,

Aaron

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

nxf46959

A draft version will do the work (for now), I will get into it later today.

Thank you so much,

B.Regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

james_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

nxf46959‌ please provide the draft AN and project files, thanks.

BR,

James

0 Kudos

james_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Currently we have 9080/9090 based voice over BLE solution. The digital MIC is simulated by SPI on QN9080 and support mono channel. The analog MIC is supported by ADC interface on 9080. QN9090 has DMIC interface, we also have demo on digital MAC. Thanks,

James

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

James,

That is good news, there is a reference design available or other technical details that I can share with the customer?

Thanks in advance

B.Regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

james_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai,

Is QN9090 based reference design ok for you? Thanks,

BR,

James

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi James,

Yes, QN9090 would be great also due to the fact is has higher output power than the QN9080.

BTW, does the reference design working in front of cellphones as well? I assume the protocol is used in the ref.desgin is not standard.

Please advise back, thanks.

B.Regards,

Shai

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

The 88W8897 seems to be overkill for my customer applications.

Can you please advise if QN90xx or other low power NXP BLE devices have plans to add voice over BLE features in their roadmap?

Thanks in advance

B.Regards,

Shai 

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai,

NxH3670 can be your candidate for voice over BLE application. Please check NXP website for NxH3670.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai, I hope you're doing well!

Unfortunately, the QN9080 currently has no support for Voice over BLE applications. I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

As an alternative, could you please take a look at our WiFi+Bluetooth wireless solutions?

Specifically, the 88W8897 is designed with Audio Streaming applications in mind.

There's more information about these solutions on the following page:

Wi-Fi + Bluetooth | NXP 

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos