Alex Perez

Hosed my M5234BCC EVB while trying to update dBug firmware

Discussion created by Alex Perez on Apr 25, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 27, 2009 by pgo

Hi folks,

Somehow I've managed to perform a bonehead-maneuver and hosed my previously-working M5234BCC when doing a dldbug with a hex file provided on the Freescale website. I now have a business-sized brick :smileyhappy: It appeared to update for a while, and then stalled. There was a little ASCII-animated progress indicator doing its thing, / - \ | , and then everything came to a halt.

I do have a Univelop Coldfire v1.1 BDM, which is based on the MC68HC90, but I'm unable to re-flash the flash or even run hardware tests under CodeWarrior 7.1.1 under either the Flash Programmer or Hardware Diagnostics sections. As I just recently go the BDM, I have never successfully used it yet. I do have the driver installed, and windows sees it as a "Open Source BDM-JM60", but I think I've still got something misconfigured in the CodeWarrior preferences, under Remote Connections. I was hoping someone who has successfully used this BDM with CodeWarrior could give me a pointer or two in the hopes that I might be able to revive my board by re-flashing it.

Below is the output of dBug prior to my frying it. Now it just outputs a single character over and over again, regardless of whether or not I have XON/XOFF turned on or not (which I did when attempting to flash via dldbug, which the instructions told me to do) and regardless of baud rate, etc.

Any help is *greatly* appreciated.

--

External Reset

ColdFire MCF5235 on the BCC
Firmware v3b.1a.1a (Built on Jul 21 2004 17:31:28)
Copyright 1995-2004 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

Enter 'help' for help.

Outcomes