cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use printf() to console of the MCUXpresso IDE

kevin_hector
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm working on the SLN_VINZ_IOT platform. I work on the hello world example of this platform and i try to print some text in the console of the MCUXpresso IDE, so I enable the semihost function but it doesn't work and I don't know why. 

Someone can help me ? 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kevin,

Hope you are doing well.

The SLN-VIZN-IOT kit does not have an onboard debugger like other evaluation boards you may have worked with. This kit come with a USB connector only. This means that in order to see the hello world example, I'd recommend to connect a UART to USB converter so that you can see it on a serial terminal. The example that you are working with should have a readme in the documents folder that will describe which pins to use and the requirements to properly execute the example.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------