cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso54628 Appwizard RTOS

primate
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using a LPCXpresso54628 (OM13098) board and an RTOS application. I was trying to port the emWin project as described in the video MCU Tech Minutes | Using AppWizard with MCUXpresso - YouTube  and the community docs AppWizard: Creating a new project and adding a background image 

However, when I change the project architecture settings (floating point: none) and try to compile I get erros:

ccoqAq1h.s:811: Error: selected processor does not support `vstmdbeq r0!,{s16-s31}' in Thumb mode

ccoqAq1h.s:813: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `stmdb r0!,{r4-r11,r14}'

ccoqAq1h.s:833: Error: selected processor does not support `vldmiaeq r0!,{s16-s31}' in Thumb mode

ccoqAq1h.s:835: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `msr psp,r0'

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround?

Actually I would be perfectly happy to generate the GUI code and C/P in the project, I have ported the emwin touch and draw project but I am having a hard time to tailor the GUI to my needs.

Using MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241].

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

primate
Contributor III

The emwin_serial_terminal example works but I am having a hard time to port it to RTOS....

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

From your last post I am understanding that you were able to successfully load your AppWizard source code to the LPC without any errors. In case someone comes to this issue in the future could you please confirm that these changes worked for you?

• keepthe "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/emwin/emWin_Config"
  • use the library in GCCM7FP and rename the library to libGUI.a and enable floating point support (that is not to chenge to fixed point in the first place)
  • LCD_BITS_PER_PIXEL in the emwin_support.h should be left to 16

At the moment we do not have a guide that you may refer to using RTOS and emwin. However, I did come across a guide using an RT from a third party source that you may find useful. Please note, that this document is not from NXP so it is not tested and cannot provide support based on this.

Hands-on-FreeRTOS-emWIN Guide 

In addition i found an earlier post with the Touch and Draw example you were referring to that may also help.

Amazon-FreeRTOS with Emwin on LPC54628 

For specific emWin requests, you could directly contact Segger:

https://www.segger.com/products/user-interface/emwin/

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for the reference, I will take a look.

Yes, like I mentioned the 3 settings changed from the original guide helped me to run the AppWizard, you can double check in your config to cinfirm.

Also I have managed to port it to RTOS in the meantime, so now I am trying to make a functional GUI since the guide does not contain an example how to parse buttons or send text (if you have anything to help please let me know).

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

So, I am a little bit stuck, I got the GUI on the board and everything visually fits, but the touch is not working or at least it is not reacting.

My question is: if I have set up everything and the AppWizard simulation has a button that is making the transition from one GUI screen to another, should that work on the board also? Or I need to add something to the code, or I need to initialize something additionall before I run the MainTask();?

If I need to add something to the code where to write it? Anything I add in the MainTask(); is overwritten by the AppWizard if I export the project, also how to use APPW_SetVarData()? There is little documentation and especially examples related to the AppWizard and the new approach to the emWin, at least in my mind.

BTW the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdNM0LGWxfw&t=450s is showing a project that seems to miss one video where the counter windows is added and the button Interactions are defined.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

I'd recommend to check the user guide for app wizard as it explains with more detail how to add interactions and what they are for. However, from what you mention it looks that the interaction was already added since it is transitioning, that should be enough to work physically on your board. Could you please confirm that you are interactions are correct?

AppWizard User Guide 

In addition, I would recommend that you create another file with the extra code/functions so when you update your appwizard project and the new maintask is created you wont loose your custom code.

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

Any news?

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I can confirm that the interactions are correct since they work in the AppWizard application (when I press the simulation button), but the when transferred to the board it seems like the touch is not functioning and I cannot figure out why. Can it be related to the library I'm using (floating point like mentioned before)?

I have read the manual but I still didn't figure out where exactly to put the APPW_SetVarData(). If you have an example that would be great.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

Hope you are doing well.

I am attempting to reproduce the errors from my end. Could you please attempt a simple project without using RTOS to see if the problem is solely regarding the floating point or not. 

Also, could you please confirm the SDK version you are using and the name of the example. I did not find "touch and draw" name.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

Tried the emwin_serial_terminal using the AppWizard: Creating a new project and adding a background image (the YouTube one differs although it was made almost the same day) and now I get an error: 

fatal error: GUIConf.h: No such file or directory

The missing file is in the "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/emwin/emWin_Config" but the manual clearly stated not to inclue this folder in the config :smileywink:

Any ideas?

For the sake of the whole thing I have put back the "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/emwin/emWin_Config

EDIT:

OK, got the whole thing working in LPCXpresso54628, but I had to change the following:

• keepthe "${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/emwin/emWin_Config"
  • use the library in GCCM7FP and rename the library to libGUI.a and enable floating point support (that is not to chenge to fixed point in the first place)
  • LCD_BITS_PER_PIXEL in the emwin_support.h should be left to 16

Will test it out even further but finally some progress

Fun times

0 Kudos

primate
Contributor III

Hi,

The "touch and draw" was taken over from the community forum (ported from 54608 SDK 2.4 if I remember correctly) since there is no official LPCXpresso54628 example with emwin and RTOS in one (if there is please let me know!).

After I made the project (and since I would like to use the recommended AppWizard) I have tried to follow the videos and manuals mentioned in the first post to port everything but I have to admit I did not succeed, actually I am thinking of using another library if I dont resolve this soon.

I will take the LPCXpresso54628 SDK2.7 emwin_serial_terminal now and try to implement the AppWizard in it and let sou know how it goes, but still it is not an RTOS project which I need.

So if you have something with RTOS, emwin and AppWizard for the 54628 please share.

I am using SDK2.7 btw.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos