How do I use the dynamic lock bytes on OM5560 NT332E?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the dynamic lock bytes on OM5560 NT332E?

Jump to solution
xnormanw
Contributor II

Hi guys,

I'm currently configuring my NXP I2C Tag 2k via arduino (I2C). As described in the documentation, I'm using the dynamic lock bytes to lock the pages after page 16. After setting the three first bytes from E0H (sector 1) to FF, Pages are "locked" (marked as ' * ') on the app, but I still can write and read them, from RF aswell as from I2c. Is there something I'm missing? I've also added a picture of the locked stage after setting the 3 Bytes in E0, E1, E2 to FF from sector 1. I also wondered what "rfui" (Byte 1, Bit 7-6) means. I have not found a description of those bits.

When locking with the static lock bytes, the symbol also changes to "+", which means "locked", instead of " * " from the dynamic lock bytes, which mean "locked and blocked". Whats the difference there? I've also added a screenshot from the NXP Scanning App, which analyzes the tag.

Thank you in advance!

Yours sincerly

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xnormanw@gmail.com,

Hope you are doing well. RFUI is Reserved for Future Use - Implemented. In the Data Sheet is the remark to set RFUI to 0 when writing the Dynamic Lock Bytes.

When you see the "*", means that is locked and blocked. If you see the "x", means is only locked. If there you see the "+", means is blocked, and if you see the "." means is unblocked.

With the first two bytes of the Dynamic Lock Bytes, you can lock the pages you want (according to bits set). The corresponding pages becomes read-only memory.

But if you also set the Block Lock Bytes (Third byte), then the locking configuration for the corresponding memory area is frozen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xnormanw@gmail.com,

Hope you are doing well. RFUI is Reserved for Future Use - Implemented. In the Data Sheet is the remark to set RFUI to 0 when writing the Dynamic Lock Bytes.

When you see the "*", means that is locked and blocked. If you see the "x", means is only locked. If there you see the "+", means is blocked, and if you see the "." means is unblocked.

With the first two bytes of the Dynamic Lock Bytes, you can lock the pages you want (according to bits set). The corresponding pages becomes read-only memory.

But if you also set the Block Lock Bytes (Third byte), then the locking configuration for the corresponding memory area is frozen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo