Adding a Release configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Release configuration

m_mishrikey
Contributor III

If I make a new project from a design example, I notice some different behavior depending on whether I am using the standard example or the SDK example.

Standard example hello world I get four configurations, combinations of debug, release, flash, and ram:

2020-05-19 15_37_01-Properties for config1.png

If I do the same from the SDK RTM hello world example, I get four configurations, two debug for PEmicro, and two debug for Segger jlink:

2020-05-19 22_51_35-S32DS - C_C++ - S32 Design Studio for ARM.png

I'm using the jlink, so I would delete the PEmicro configurations.  But I do need to add in Release_FLASH and Release_RAM configurations that are missing.

What are the exact steps needed to accomplish this? If I click New, it seems that there are some other actions that need to be taken first?  I think I need to add a build configuration in the project C/C++ build properties first:

2020-05-19 22_56_17-.png

If I use the default configurations, the build settings and paths are not right and the project doesn't build. 

If I copy the configurations from the existing debug configurations, the settings are not right for Release.

I wonder if there is a guide somewhere about the right steps to take, or some advice about an easier way forward.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Best way is copy existing configuration - Debug_FLASH (or Debug_RAM).

pastedImage_2.png

The only difference between Release and Flash is, that .elf file for Debug contains symbols a other debug info. If you like to build release .elf - set debug level to None for Release_FLASH configuration: 

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos