cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC5526 generation file for mass production

pokermagalli
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using LPC5526, my work consists in my custom bootlaoder + application.
At start-up bootloader check that no update is needed and jump to the application. In the application the user triggers the start of firmware upgrade operation so I reset the micro and then my bootloader performs the firmware upgrade operations.

If I load the two firmware via MCUXpresso 11.1.0 with PE micro universal multilink, everything works great, the application runs and I can perfectly upgrade the firmware.

But when I generate a file .sap for the mass production something goes wrong. I'm using Cyclone Image Creation and the file file sap generated from merging 2 s-record is successfuly generated with no errors, I load the code with Cyclone Universal.
At start-up the bootloader jump to application and it works, but when i trigger the firmware upgrade what I see is that the micro is correctly reset, but for some reason encounters a problem that prevent the execution of my Delay function:

void Delay_Ms(uint32_t ms)
{
cnt_delay_ms = ms;

while ( cnt_delay_ms != 0 )
{
WWDT_Refresh(WWDT);
__NOP();
}
}

the cnt_delay_ms is decremented in timer interrupt.

But the firmware is still running because after 30" I received message error of timeout as I expected from my code, so I suppose that when enter in Delay function continue to loop in the while cycle.

The strange thing is that the same function is executed during the start-up and everything works fine, the problem is only when I reset the application and only if I load the application with the sap file.

Any suggestion?
Best regards

Simone

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Simone,

Hope you are doing well.

Based on the description you have provided, I don't believe that you have any software or hardware issue, since you are able to flash and run without any problem using the multilink. I'd recommend to contact P&E support directly as it seems that the issue might be related in how the program is being loaded with the Cyclone or the image creation.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos