Senior Contributor I

Hello,

From IMX8DQXPRM.pdf (Rev.0):

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_2.png

We will use the LCDIF in DOTCLK mode for display output.

Please let me confirm the behavior when buffer underflow happened case.

Q1. When buffer underflow is happened, the underflow interrupt is asserted by LCDIF.

In this case, I will control following steps. Is it right?

(1) LCDIF_CTRL1n[UNDERFLOW_IRQ_EN] set to 1b to enable underflow interrupt.

<buffer underflow happened>

(2) Interrupt handler check LCDIF_CTRL1n[UNDERFLOW_IRQ] to confirm kind of interrupt.

(3) Interrupt handler set to 1b to SCT clear address to clear the underflow interrupt.

(4) Interrupt handler set to 1b to LCDIF_CTRL1n[RECOVER_ON_UNDERFLOW] to recover underflow condition.

Q2. SCT clear address is where? I could not find suitable register in RM. What does SCT mean?

Q3. What is the feature of LCDIF_CTRL1n[RECOVER_ON_UNDERFLOW]? 

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
nxf63969
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kazuma Sasaki,

Q1

I have reviewed your proposal with my colleagues. The steps seem right, but, our recommendation is that you include the enable of the RECOVER bit in the initialization because if an underflow state is detected and this bit is ON, the information will recover to the next frame.

Q2

As an extract from our Reference Manual, 14.11.4 Register Macro Usage, page 4321.

They are registers that can be used to either SET, CLEAR, or TOGGLE (SCT).

When writing to an SCT register, all bits set to 1 perform the associated operation on the primary register, while all bits set to 0 are not affected.

Related to LCDIF_CTRL1n[UNDERFLOW_IRQ] to clear the interrupt flag by writing a one to its SCT clear address, at page 7782 (LCDIF memory map) there are registers as LCDIF_CTRL1_SET, LCDIF_CTRL1_CLR and LCDIF_CTRL1_TOG corresponding to SCT (SET, CLEAR, TOGGLE).

Q3

Related to LCDIF_CTRL1n[RECOVER_ON_UNDERFLOW] .

This bit is related to FIFO of LCDIF. It means, if FIFO is full with the current field/frame (in underflow state) and if this bit is enabled, at the next frame the information of FIFO will load again.

Best regards,

Luis Perez.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nxf63969
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kazuma Sasaki,

Q1

I have reviewed your proposal with my colleagues. The steps seem right, but, our recommendation is that you include the enable of the RECOVER bit in the initialization because if an underflow state is detected and this bit is ON, the information will recover to the next frame.

Q2

As an extract from our Reference Manual, 14.11.4 Register Macro Usage, page 4321.

They are registers that can be used to either SET, CLEAR, or TOGGLE (SCT).

When writing to an SCT register, all bits set to 1 perform the associated operation on the primary register, while all bits set to 0 are not affected.

Related to LCDIF_CTRL1n[UNDERFLOW_IRQ] to clear the interrupt flag by writing a one to its SCT clear address, at page 7782 (LCDIF memory map) there are registers as LCDIF_CTRL1_SET, LCDIF_CTRL1_CLR and LCDIF_CTRL1_TOG corresponding to SCT (SET, CLEAR, TOGGLE).

Q3

Related to LCDIF_CTRL1n[RECOVER_ON_UNDERFLOW] .

This bit is related to FIFO of LCDIF. It means, if FIFO is full with the current field/frame (in underflow state) and if this bit is enabled, at the next frame the information of FIFO will load again.

Best regards,

Luis Perez.

0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Dear Luis,

I appreciate your support. I got it.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.