Programming PF4210

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming PF4210

enoch_arthur
Contributor IV

Hi, I am considering using the PF4210 in a non-conventional way. I am using an IMx 8 on the board but I have no need for the GPU or VPU so thinking about using it to power other devices on the board. This requires a different sequence.I am also using DDR3L so need to change the voltages etc. 

Pardon my ignorance, what's the general way of programming this devices? It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem to me as I am guessing you need to power up the imx8 in order to program the PF4210? but how do you power up the imx8 with an unprogrammed PF4210? Or you have to order a device with your custom configuration before putting it on the board? 

As we are already using this chip, I am also considering using to power an FPGA, will that be possible?  It will need a different program and not sure how to load that program into it in circuit.

Any help on this will be deeply appreciated. cheers.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

If so, you can select the MC32PF4210A0ES blank version and do OTP according your desire each channels.

Start up from OTP fuses,PMIC can give your desire voltage each channels.

For the OTP you can refer to application note AN4563. You can search AN4563 then down it from NXP website.

0 Kudos

enoch_arthur
Contributor IV

Hi,

application note AN4563 is for  MC9RS08KA-Based Latch-Up
Recovery Circuit. May I know the correct one please. Also is the MC32PF4210A ES programmable? or only the blank ones MC32PF4210A 0 ES is programmable? My question about which tool to use is also unanswered unless the answer is to be provided in the application note.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

sorry that the OTP app note should be AN4536 attached,note that PF4210 is same with PF0100.

0 Kudos