Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9KEAZN64 internal clock configuration

Jump to solution
zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,

I wanted to see how to configure the internal clock of the S9KEAZN64 to be 40MHz?Can you provide a reference code?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The fastest internal clock is 39.0625,and this need make a trim via a project with PE tools.

The details see 【经验分享】使用CodeWarrior10.5软件的PE工具trim芯片内部慢速时钟 - Kinetis - 恩智浦技术社区 - 手机版 - Powered by Discuz! 

You can use KDS or MCUXpresso to Trim this .

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

11 Replies
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The fastest internal clock is 39.0625,and this need make a trim via a project with PE tools.

The details see 【经验分享】使用CodeWarrior10.5软件的PE工具trim芯片内部慢速时钟 - Kinetis - 恩智浦技术社区 - 手机版 - Powered by Discuz! 

You can use KDS or MCUXpresso to Trim this .

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I will reply you immediately .

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,Jianyu

Thank you,Any progress so far?

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I do know that KEAZN64 has 1024 times the internal .   And from the datasheet, it shows internal clock from 31.25k-39.0625k. The typical value is 31.25k. This value is calibrated by factory .So we need to wite a new trim to ICS-c3.So could you please write ICS_CS =0; Please have a try.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,Jianyu

I'm so sorry,I tried write ICS_C3 =0,but it didn't work.

I would very much like you to help me write a code. The time is not urgent, you can write when you have time.

KEAZN64,internal clock frequency 40KHz(bus clock 20MHz)+UART(Baudrate 115200)

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

From the reference manual,KEA64 support  S9KEAZN64.

pastedImage_1.png

And internal clocking sources is from  31.25-39.0625khz. Which clock do you need to be 40khz.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

Refer this demo , pastedImage_4.png

change the internal clock to 31.25 by config ICS_C3,core clock is 40mhz, bus clock is20Mhz.

change uart2 to uart0. and change BDL to 11. The baud rate as shows in follow pic .pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_5.png

Please have a try.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,Jianyu

I tried your suggestion,but it didn't work.

First, KEAZ64 and KEAZN64 are two manuals,and KEAZN64's clock is 1024*31.25, not 1280*31.25.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

We configured the clock like this, as you suggested. But the test failed.

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can refer uart (FEI bus 20M baud 115200)code in "SDK-DRIVER-FRDM-KEA-S32DS\KEAZ64 Driver testcode and Examples (for S32DS)\FRDM-KEAZ64_Driver Testcodethis code" ,you can get it from attach file.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Sorry.

I opened the program,it's programmed with KEAZ64,but I used a KEAZN64.

It's programmed with a 48MHz frequency,KEAZ64 can be tuned to 48MHz at maximum frequency,but the KEAZN64 is only 40MHz.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Code as follows,please have a try

void Clk_Init(void)
{
    ICS_C1=0x4;         /* Enable the internal reference clock*/
    ICS_C3= 0x90;                        /* Reference clock frequency = 39.0625 KHz*/        
    while(!(ICS_S & ICS_S_LOCK_MASK));   /* Wait for FLL lock, now running at 40 MHz (1024 * 39.0625Khz) */        
    ICS_C2|=ICS_C2_BDIV(1)  ;             /*BDIV=2, Bus clock = 20 MHz*/
    ICS_S |= ICS_S_LOCK_MASK ;             /* Clear Loss of lock sticky bit */        
}

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,Jianyu

Thank you for your help,But I found it incorrect when I tried.

Can you provide a program that does that?

KEAZN64,internal clock frequency 40KHz(bus clock 20MHz)+UART(Baudrate 115200).

0 Kudos