Is it possible to write the secret key to a NTAG 424 DNA with my NFC phone and the NXP TagWriter Android App?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to write the secret key to a NTAG 424 DNA with my NFC phone and the NXP TagWriter Android App?

manuel_mertl
Contributor III

Is it possible to write the secret key (that is used to calculate the CMAC from URL,UID,COUNTER) to a NTAG 424 DNA with my NFC phone (Pixel 3, Android 10) and the NXP TagWriter Android App (V. 4.8.2)?

Or do i have to use a external NFC writer and hook this one up to my MacBook and use the NXP TagXplorer?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

wowza_person
Contributor I

Hi, is it possible to connect a smartphone to the PC and use it as a reader in the TagXplorer app?

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Manuel Mertl,

Hope you are doing great, as you may know we have the TagWritter app but it is for NDEF writing and reading also you can secure some NTAGS like 216 with a 32 bit password. to personalize the tag ( store keys, secure it, etc.) usually this is done with other type of readers in production or PC/SC readers ( which we have like the pegoda reader) or customers can create their personalization app. 

you can check our tagxplorer app it might be really helpful for you.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos