cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot command using hab_auth_img

pgentili
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use HAB for the kernel verification. I managed to sign the kernel image and to get "No HAB Events Found!" calling  hab_auth_img 0x40480000 0x13c6f60 0x13c6000.

I have two questions:

1. Do I have to explicitly add the hab_auth_img command in my bootcmd? Or is it in some way performed under the hood?
  2. If the command must be explicit does it mean that every time I want to update my kernel I also have to update U-Boot?

Thanks

Paolo Gentili

Labels (1)
7 Replies

pgentili
Contributor III

Hi, just a quick update.

I found a workaround: I modified the booti.c file so that the booti command requires also the image size and the image offset. This way useful also because I need to verify not only the kernel but also the DTB: a modification to booti.c was needed nevertheless.

Thanks

Paolo

adam_m
Contributor II

I'm having a similar problem.  Can you share your modifications to booti.c?

Thanks!

Adam

0 Kudos

pgentili
Contributor III

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Please find attached two patches for uboot.

The logic is this: I removed any hab_auth_img control inside the booti command. The verification is perfomed by uboot before launching booti using the command load_fdt and loadimage.

Regards,

Paolo

pgentili
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but you misunderstood me, let me explain again.

The kernel is the same, these are the steps to reproduce:

1) Manually load kernel Image at addr x

2) Run hab_auth_img with the kernel size/offset that I know because I compiled it

3) It returns no events, good.

4) Run booti

5) It automatically run an hab_authentication but if fails... (I found out that is related to a wrong kernel size).

So why with the same Image I'm having this problem?

Thanks

Paolo

0 Kudos

pgentili
Contributor III

Hi again,

Thanks for your reply.

I later found out that uboot itself, in the booti routine, tries to verify the kernel.

I have a problem though: the verification run manually by me is fine (via hab_auth_img) but the one performed by uboot fails. I found out that the problem is in the kernel size: my image has size 0x13c6f60 but the size retrieved inside booti_setup is 0x143b020.

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks

Paolo Gentili

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Looks like Your  kernel is not the same, as used in the example. 
Kernel size depends on configuration. 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Yes, you can  modify your U-Boot bootcmd so it includes the HAB command that checks the kernel.

If some parameters changed - it will be needed to modify bootcmd.

Regards,

Yuri.