"Unknown thread ID selected" with LPC-Link2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown thread ID selected" with LPC-Link2

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Since I'm not having any luck with my Cyclone ACP today, I decided to try my backup LPC-Link2 with my MK22FN1M0AVLH12 FreeRTOS project under MCUX 11.1.1. The debug gods are against me today, apparently, and I'm not getting anywhere with that either.

pastedImage_1.png

The error I get when launching the project is "Target error from Test Thread Liveness: Et:39: Unknown thread ID selected". Google shows no hits for this.

As a sanity check I loaded up an SDK example project on a TWR-K21F120M board and it worked fine so the hardware is good. I switched back to my project, still using the TWR board, and I get this error.

Suggestions? Other than "reinstall everything"? Because doing that weekly is getting old.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As Erich pointed our, the error is related to FreeRTOS thread awareness. Would you please confirm that you started an all-stop GDB debug session using LinkServer and that you see "FreeRTOS stack backtrace is enabled" being printed in the "debug messages" console? Also, is your debug session configured for "attach" mode? Moreover, FreeRTOS awareness relies on the data stored inside FreeRTOSDebugConfig array. Has anything been changed inside this array?

It would be nice to have the logs (GDB traces, debug messages) attached here for inspection.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Have you thread awareness for FreeRTOS turned on? If so, it could help if you turn it off. Not ideal, but at least it would allow you to debug it. I believe the error is a race condition between the LinkServer and GDB: the link server tries to read the thread ID too early.

0 Kudos