cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug within Peripheral View/Rendering

michaelhermann0
Contributor III

Hello,

it looks like there is a bug in the debug portion within the peripheral module view.

One can directly read and write registers within modules with the "Peripherals+"-View.

For each register the individual bit fields are shown and can be altered.

However, altering a bit field within a register that is not the first one in the block (i.e. offset from base not 0)

the register at offset 0 may be altered instead.

When writing a register directly (hex value of register) the problem does not occur.

This might affect all supported µC and all probes, I cannot test that.

Version: MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241] [2020-03-02]

Debug Probe: LPC-Link Probe V1.3 (Board is OM13066)

Tested µC: LPC11U24

(Yes, I know, this is rather old).

Open Peripherals+ View

Select IOCON-Module

Select a register at some offset, e.g. PIO0-6

Change a Bit Field, e.g. MODE

Result: The first register in teh block (here: RESET-PIO0-0) gets updated.

I suspect that during write-back the offset of the register that was read is forgotten.

Best regards,

Mike

4 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello michaelhermann‌,

You're totally right! For a strange reason, the bug is only present in the older firmware, I will report this to the applications team.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Best Regards.

michaelhermann0
Contributor III

Thanks!

BTW: If there is a better way to report bugs & quirks than to post them here, please tell me.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michael,

Please if you find any other bug please post a comment about this in the respective community, the NXP guys in each community will handle this with the respective team.

Best Regards.

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

michaelhermann0
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

ok.

I have found some small issues with the current LPCOpen libraries for the LPC11Uxx. Since these are delivered with each MCUXpresso package I'll report them here.

Please forward to the person in charge of the support libraries. The following archive (no password) includes a description (PDF) and the affected files: http://dodo.fb06.fh-muenchen.de/hermann/mikroprozessor/issues_lpc11uxx.zip 

Please tell me when the archive has been retrieved, as I 'll then remove it from the server.

I hope the suggestions are approved and help improve the libaries for the next release of the MCUXpresso-package.

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos