cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAP and TAP register documentation

janpieterderuit
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm looking into unlocking a locked LPC5460x processor from PyOCD like the unlock command in the Segger J-link Commander does.

I followed pyOCD/security.md, and was able to access Access Point #2 over CMSIS-DAP with a locked processor.
However I can't find any information about the available registers in that Access Point (or about the registers from the default Access Point #0).

Where can I find this information, or information how to unlock the processor from a CMSIS-DAP debug probe?

Thanks in advance.

Jan Pieter de Ruiter

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jan Pieter, I hope you're doing well!

J-Link commander actually supports the "unlock" command for the LPC5460x:

pastedImage_1.png

To use this command, you can program the J-Link firmware to your LPC5460x using the "program_JLINK.cmd" script included in the LPCScrypt toolset, which can be downloaded from here.

After the debug probe is programmed with the J-Link firmware, J-Link commander can send the "unlock LPC5460x" command, and your LPC should unlock.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues with this.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

janpieterderuit
Contributor IV

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your response.

I knew about the jlink software for the LPC boards, and it works fine indeed.

However, from the license of that software I get that you are only allowed to use it for the onboard processor, not for an external processor on our custom hardware.

I actually was able to monitor the SWD commands with a logicanalyzer, and found the needed registers that way.

But it would be nice if it was documented somehow, because now I have no idea what is actually going on.

Best regards,

Jan Pieter

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jan Pieter, 

Thank you for your feedback, we will take it into consideration!

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Take care, best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos