AnsweredAssumed Answered

CANopen FLEXCAN Changing peripherals

Question asked by Ahmed Mostafa on May 4, 2020
Latest reply on May 5, 2020 by Felipe García

I'd like to use the CANopen SDK demo that comes with MCUXpresso (for the EVKMIMMXRT1060) but I would like to change the peripheral from FLEXCAN_2 to FLEXCAN_1. What are all the steps i need to do to change the demo code to output the CAN signals from the FLEXCAN_1 peripheral? Specifically, I'd like to use these two pins:

CAN1TX---GPIO_AD_B1_08

CAN1RX---GPIO_AD_B1_09

Please advise me as to all the steps I would need to do to configure this peripheral and get CAN signals out of it.

I've already modified the BOARD_InitPins() function in the pin_mix.c file and added these commands:

IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_08_FLEXCAN1_TX,       /* GPIO_AD_B0_14 is configured as FLEXCAN2_TX */
      1U);                                    /* Software Input On Field: Force input path of pad GPIO_AD_B1_08 */
  IOMUXC_SetPinMux(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_09_FLEXCAN1_RX,       /* GPIO_AD_B0_15 is configured as FLEXCAN2_RX */
      1U);                                    /* Software Input On Field: Force input path of pad GPIO_AD_B1_09 */

IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_08_FLEXCAN1_TX,       /* GPIO_AD_B1_08 PAD functional properties : */
      0x10B0u);                               /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate
                                                 Drive Strength Field: R0/6
                                                 Speed Field: medium(100MHz)
                                                 Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper
                                                 Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down
                                                 Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */
  IOMUXC_SetPinConfig(
      IOMUXC_GPIO_AD_B1_09_FLEXCAN1_RX,       /* GPIO_AD_B1_09 PAD functional properties : */
      0x10B0u);                               /* Slew Rate Field: Slow Slew Rate
                                                 Drive Strength Field: R0/6
                                                 Speed Field: medium(100MHz)
                                                 Open Drain Enable Field: Open Drain Disabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Enable Field: Pull/Keeper Enabled
                                                 Pull / Keep Select Field: Keeper
                                                 Pull Up / Down Config. Field: 100K Ohm Pull Down
                                                 Hyst. Enable Field: Hysteresis Disabled */

What else do I need to do?

Outcomes