Can the New Project Wizard directly create a 'library' Project Type?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the New Project Wizard directly create a 'library' Project Type?

gmnelson
Contributor III

I'm using the latest version of CodeWarrior for Coldfire (ver 7.1.1a build 9, IDE ver 5.9) and I'm trying to create a 'library' project type.  Rather than start from scratch, I'm trying to use the New Project Wizard facility to create this library.  Unfortunately, with this wizard it doesn't give me the option to specify a 'libary' Project Type.  Is this correct?  Am I missing something here?

Also, as I'm reading through the documentation for CodeWarrior, there is mention of a "Makefile Importer Wizard".   Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this function within CodeWarrior for Coldfire.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think the wizard offers to create static libraries.

Also there is not much in common in between different static libraries, I don't think a wizard would help much except maybe setting up the compiler search paths. For thouse I would copy them from a

wizard generated project. Note that the search paths can be copy pasted or even dragged from one project too another.

Daniel

0 Kudos

gmnelson
Contributor III

Okay, thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I was actually thinking to just create a Wizard generated 'application' project as close as possible to the static library, and then just change the settings to have the project generate a static library instead of the application.

0 Kudos