cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing characters on to the LCD display

srikanth_vemula
Contributor II

Hi,

We're using i.MX6QP processor to communicate with the external LCD display through LVDS-Bridge interface. But LVDS Bridge seems to be more like a buffer, which simply transmits Differential-ended signals to the display unit. I would like to understand really which peripheral (inside i.MX) is responsible for handling the display unit. And please provide the details of communication protocol between the display and that peripheral. Basic documents, if any, helpful for understanding the processing between that peripheral and the display unit are most welcome to be shared.  

My Basic requirement is to print some characters on to the display during boot-up (planning to make part of u-boot). Is it possible? First of all, printing on to LCD display is possible?

Regards,

Srikanth Vemula.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Srikanth

one can use sect.6.5.1 Framebuffer Tests attached Linux Manual and make fonts

in buffer, then send them to lcd.

mxc_fb_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

For lvds one can look at Chapter 41 LVDS Display Bridge (LDB)

i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Applications Processor Reference Manual

As it states: "The LVDS Display Bridge (LDB) connects the IPU (Image Processing Unit) to an
External LVDS Display Interface." IPU is described in Chapter 37, timings for both modules

can be found in i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Applications Processor for Consumer Products Data Sheet

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos