cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU profling in I.MX8m

jithin1
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am running some algorithms on gpu in imx8m using opencl, is there a way to profile the gpu usage and gpu memory usage in real time. Is i.MX G2D API have any functionality to do the GPU profiling? also is it available for imx8, i am using Mendel distribution. Also came across https://community.nxp.com/thread/356642 , is vtk for imx8m is available ? 

Thanks  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi jithin prems,

Can you please let us know which Yocto/Linux version are you using?

Have you checked GPU Tools from the i.MX Graphics User's Guide for the BSP version you are using? 

"gpuinfo is a script to gather GPU runtime status through debugfs interface. It exports below information:
• GPU hardware information.
• GPU total memory usage.
• GPU memory usage of certain process or all processes (user space only).
• GPU idle percentage."

We hope above information might be useful.

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

jithin1
Contributor I

Hi karan.gajjar@volansystech.com,

Thanks for the reply. I am working with Mendel Linux distribution(Chef) and yes I came across the graphics users guide, tested with gupinfo scripts. Like you mentioned it gives out lot of useful information. But I was looking for more detailed information about GPU usage like how many clock cycle to run the application, % of GPU used for the a particular application etc.

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi jithin prems,

You can check  i.MX Graphics User's Guidesection 12.6.2 vProfiler setup for the Linux OS and set the vProfiler environment variables as per requirement. Also check the 12.7 Debug and performance counters, where 12.7.2 suggests 

- GPU utilization (%)
- GPU cycles
- GPU idle cycles

And as you might have already known with gpuinfo tool, we can pass process id or even process name as the argument to get the GPU related information.

Not sure regarding the Mendel Linux distribution

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good!

0 Kudos