cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique ID of LPC4357

Jump to solution
hdhedhu
Contributor II

I want to read a unique id of LPC4357 which is 128 bit long(specified in the user manual). But I can't find the address from where I should read it. The user manual has no mention of this thing clearly apart from just telling that it has 128-bit unique id. https://www.y-ic.es/datasheet/e0/(2).pdf  This user manual states in chapter 4.4 at address  0x4004 5000 there is a unique id but using MCU expresso when I see that memory location the id is not 128 bit long. I have attached data available at the given memory address. In STM32 there is a similar unique id of 96 bits located at a flash address which once can read easily but in LPC4357 it is difficult as manual doesn't provide adequate information. Please help me in reading the unique id of the processor.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you read carefully the description of the words in Table 14, you see that the unique ID applies only to the flashless parts, e.g. LPC4350. For parts with on-chip flash, e.g. the LPC4357 these 4 word locations are "reserved".

For the flash parts there is an IAP command to read a serial number.

Regards,

Bernhard.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you read carefully the description of the words in Table 14, you see that the unique ID applies only to the flashless parts, e.g. LPC4350. For parts with on-chip flash, e.g. the LPC4357 these 4 word locations are "reserved".

For the flash parts there is an IAP command to read a serial number.

Regards,

Bernhard.

hdhedhu
Contributor II

Thanks, Bernhard Fink

Using chip library inbuild function Chip_IAP_ReadUID I am able to read unique id.  

0 Kudos