which security features must uses the internal SRTC in imx6ul or imx6ull?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which security features must uses the internal SRTC in imx6ul or imx6ull?

Jump to solution
changbaoma
Contributor III

Hi, all

It makes me really confuse for this post: Q&A: Can i.MX6Q Security use external RTC? 

Can any one tell me exactly which security features must uses the internal SRTC in imx6ul or imx6ull?

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In the Internal Architecture of the Security Features the SRTC it is an input signal for example for the RGNA ( Random Generator Number)  I cannot provide more details since the security features are under NDA.  If you want more details you can ask for an NDA, and request the security Reference Manual of the i.MX6ULL. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am going to try to keep it simple,  if you application requires a Security Feature, do not use, an external RTC.

0 Kudos
changbaoma
Contributor III

Hi, jamesbone

Can you give me the reason? as i can't find any description in the IMX6ULL RM & SRM.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In the Internal Architecture of the Security Features the SRTC it is an input signal for example for the RGNA ( Random Generator Number)  I cannot provide more details since the security features are under NDA.  If you want more details you can ask for an NDA, and request the security Reference Manual of the i.MX6ULL.