Need help with DMA and UART in new project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with DMA and UART in new project

WilliamW
Contributor III

I am new to MCUXpresso and am trying to build a project using the config tools.  When I try to use a UART peripheral with DMA I get errors in the peripheral editor for the UART that says that I don't have the DMA component selected in my project.  I don't have a "dma" component listed in the Drivers when Managing SDK compoents for the project.  So I selected "dmamux" and "edma". I also verified that it was and that fsl_dmamux.h contained the functions that the linker couldn't find at link time when I built the project.  I am using the Installed SDK SDK_2.x_MK64FX512xxx12 that was provided with the install.  Is there something else that I need to do to make this work?

2 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello William Wolthuis

Regarding the SDK I suggest to download the latest version, you can do it from here: Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

For the errors displayed on the tool, you can find quick solutions by right-clicking the error.

pastedImage_4.png

In order to add a not included driver in the project, right-click the project and go to SDK management->Manage SDK components. At that window, you may be able to add the edma driver for your project.

pastedImage_8.png

For detailed information about this tool, I suggest you take a look at the user guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/GSMCUXCTUG.pdf 

Please let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me

Best regards,

Omar

WilliamW
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.  What I was missing was that in the Peripherals config tool I needed to select eDMA under  Peripheral drivers in order to activate it for the UART with which I wanted to use DMA.  After selecting eDMA it shows up as DMA under the Peripheral Drivers.  This demonstrates to me that there is a lot going on in the config tools and that I need to hunt around some more before giving up and asking for help. 

Thanks again,

William

0 Kudos