cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qxp display error with build configuration mek_8q_car-userdebug

wintergoes
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using source code of SCR-o8.1.0_2.1.0-auto-ga, with imx8qxp board.

When I build with mek_8q-userdebug, android displays ok, when I build with mek_8q_car-userdebug, android only displays part of the ui.

I run command "adb shell wm size", system prrint "Physical size: 1920x1080".

I run command "adb shell wm size 1024x768", it seems display is still error.

I have attached 2 screenshots, please see attachments.

I think mek_8q_car version does not support resloution smaller than 1920x1080, is this right?

thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

tiagorodrigues
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have the exact same issue and I am using the imx-automotive-10.0.0_2.2.0 folder's source.

One thing that I noticed is that if I connect first to a external monitor with high resolution (or a tv) and wait for the boot then the screen appears fine. Then if I unplug that screen and plug the other one (the smaller with touch) the screen still fits perfectly.

After this if I reboot the image starts to appear wrong again (like in your picture).

@wintergoes were you able to find a solution?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liu

O8.1.0_2.1.0-auto-ga is old release one can try latest Android Q10.0.0_1.1.0_Auto Documentation

with L4.19.35 GA kernel.

>I think mek_8q_car version does not support resloution smaller than 1920x1080, is this right?

one can try to change  ldb .."display-timings" as in example on

linux-imx/fsl-imx8qxp-var-som-common.dtsi at imx_4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_var01 · varigit/linux-imx · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wintergoes
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to use Android 8.1 system.

Is there other way I can do to change the resolution?

Thank you.

0 Kudos