Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth/scanning mode

bin_wang
Contributor I

Dear friends,

I have some questions,the details are as follows:

Q1:

In Bluetooth program development, the device is in scanning mode. I want to get the channel address, 37, 38, 39. Which channel is Bluetooth broadcasting? In the SDK of kw36, which function can get the channel?

If I only want to receive a fixed channel (37) when scanning, can I? If  I can, where to modify the program?

Q2:  How to understand these parameters?scan interval,scan window

Q3:

pastedImage_3.png

How is the scanning work?Especially in sequential communication?Is it a full scan of channels 37, 38 and 39,Then take a rest and repeat the operation. I refer to the "ble_shell_bm" in the SDK software, and run gap scanstart 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin, I hope you're doing well!

1.- It is possible to configure which channels a device will advertise on, by changing the Advertising Parameters Structure in the app_config.c source file.

However, currently there's no implementation to change the channels in which the device will scan for advertising devices.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

2.- According to the BLE Core Specification v5.0, the ScanInterval is defined as the interval between two consecutive Scan Windows.

The ScanWindow is defined as the interval in which the Link Layer is listening on a primary advertising channel index, searching for advertising devices.

3.- Scanning works by starting on a determined channel, like channel 37 for example, scanning that channel for an interval of the ScanWindow value, then waiting for the ScanInterval to finish so it can start scanning on the next channel for another ScanWindow.

For more information, could you please take a look at the BLE Core Specification, which can be found on the Bluetooth SIG website, here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos