Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble running s32k116 standalone

grvstick
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm having difficulty running S32k116 in Standalone mode

It's a simple LED controlled by GPIO application. I've tried comparing Debug configurations line by line, but it did not work at all in the end.

After about a million times of trial and error this was my final attempt, in which I was pretty sure of getting this solved

1. create 2 projects
- project A: File -> New -> S32DS application project

- project B: File -> New -> S32DS project from example -> RTM 3.0.0 -> S32k116 -> hello_world_s32k116

2. Copy everything from project B(hello_world_s32k116) and paste it to project A

(PE components, Main.c, Debug Config File.... everything needed to fulfill the integrity of  a project)

3. Build...Debug... and disconnect and try out power on reset and find out if it works

After all, it worked fine in Debug mode but it did not if I tried disconnecting and doing power on reset

(there was a issue with reset delay on the board but even when I got it cleared, it only runs on example project)

I like learning things step by step so my goal was to go for creating a new project and let it run well

this is the DEV environment that I'm using now.

- S32DS for ARM v2.2(no plug-ins installed)

- GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging using 'USB Multilink Universal FX Rev C'

Any suggestions would be helpful

regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Revan,

the hello_world sample project itself works fine even in standalone mode.

You are not supposed to copy the files as you described. Of course, you can copy your own *.c (like main.c) or *.h files but not PE components. When you create new project, you are supposed to add component via menu of the processor expert and then you should click on Project -> Generate Processor Expert Code. Or there's an icon in the Component window.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

grvstick
Contributor I

Hello Lukas

I see where you are getting at, but it's not the point

The reason I got to the point of copying processor expert is not that i don't know how to use processor expert from scratch, I've been there. 

the purpose behind the decision of copying everything from example project was trying to make the settings as same as it can be with example project. It did work perfectly everything besides running in standalone mode.

I'm pretty confident that I could generate components properly as you said. tried it multiple times with promising outcome, except for standalone mode.

0 Kudos