LPUART2 of K32L2A microcontroller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART2 of K32L2A microcontroller

paragnarkar
Contributor I

I was referring datasheet of K32L2Ax Datasheet. I found that for LQFP 64 model on pin number 11 and 12  i.e PTE22 and PTE23 has alternate functionality of LPUART2_TX and LPUART2_RX functionality.

Similarly i found that on pin number 59,60,61,62 i.e PTD2,PTD3,PTD4,PTD5 has alternate functionality of LPUART2_RX,LPUART2_TX,LPUART2_RX,LPUART2_TX

So if i want to use LPUART2 channel can i use Pin 11 for TX and Pin 61 for RX to communicate with a single device.

How does this multiplexing works?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

You can use pins  Pin 11 for TX and Pin 61 for RX.

But I recommend to pick, If possible,  the LPUART pins that are routed  together.

The pins have a default muxing alternative. You will need to set the new alternative (ALT )Into the Pin control register (PCR). 

To do this with ease:

•  You can use the Config Tools-> Pins to generate code that configure  the pins alternative. Here is a  guide 

for the tool Chapter 23 Pins tool

Also, as a reference,   you can check the function BOARD_InitPins()  , located in the  main() of the SDK example lpuart_polling, there you will find, the pin initialization for the pins used by LPUART0. 

Please note that  the function PORT_SetPinMux() is used for set the pin mux alternatives.

Please let me know if this was useful. 

Have a great day,
Diego

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos