Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken HDMI-Audio on i.MX6

Jump to solution
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

Hello

Starting with the release 4.14.98-2.3.0 HDMI-Audio stopped working on our i.MX6 boards. Investigations resulted, that this patch breaks it:

MLK-22713-1 dmaengine: sdma: drop dma_pool_alloc for BDs

With the hash dc1f576a8423568cb16eb077f7406c08affec9ec

Could you please fix that for further releases?

Due to home-office-measures, I have no access to a SABRE evaluation board and couldn't verify it on your platform.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Philippe

RobinGong
DuanFugang-B38611

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I try in a SABRE board, and it works, something that I see it is that I have missing /etc/asound.conf  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

I used a kernel based on your L4.14.98-2.3.0 with 2.3.1 patch release on our Apalis iMX6 platform.

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

I then booted, plugged in HDMI. Picture shown is as expected. Then I tried HDMI audio with:
`speaker-test -c2 -D "hw:1,0" -t wav`

with the utility `aplay -l` I listed which soundcards are available. For me the HDMI-audio one was hw:1,0

Then I heard the expected audio. With that patch I listed in my initial post a dma error prevented that from working. Because that patch is clearly on your side of things I just wanted to help and point this out. Reverting this patch worked now for our side.

Best Regards,

Philippe

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I try in a SABRE board, and it works, something that I see it is that I have missing /etc/asound.conf  

0 Kudos
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

Thanks for testing James,

Unfortunately, I have no access to such a board at the moment. But that it works for you point to a direction that is pretty hard to solve. I will close this issue and hope it won't pop up in a future NXP release.

Thanks for your help,

Philippe

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In the new BSP Linux i.MX L5.4.3_1.0.0 ,   We have already include this patch.

0 Kudos
philippe_schenk
Contributor IV

Hi jamesbone,

Thanks for your answer, yes it is also already included in L4.14.98-2.3.0. But as I explained it breaks HDMI-Audio for i.MX6. It would be nice if you guys could test that on your side and fix it if you see the same issue.

Best Regards,

Philippe

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please share, your test scenario, so we can validate in the same way?

Thanks

0 Kudos