KW36 IOT Toolbox (APP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 IOT Toolbox (APP)

danieltseng
Contributor V

KW36 OTA update from mobile phone to peripheral that use IOT Toolbox(APP) on the mobile phone side.

If we want to develop our own APP on phone,

What information can NXP provide (e.g. flow chat、PDF ...) for our reference?

Labels (1)
  • KW

5 Replies

danieltseng
Contributor V

Dear Sebastian,

Is there a flow chat for "wireless UART"  from IOT Toolbox to KW36

pastedImage_1.png

Daniel

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

There's a description of the Wireless UART SDK example in chapter 5.17 (of the Bluetooth Low Energy Demo Applications User Guide, in the following path: <SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36\docs\wireless\Bluetooth>), detailing the setup for this example, and providing a general description of its functionality, but, unfortunately, there's currently no flowchart for the process on one of the included documents.

However, in general, the flow of the program after the connection procedure (assuming that the IoT Toolbox app is working as a Central device, and the KW36 is the Peripheral) is as follows:

• On the App's end, the app interprets and parses the information input by the user, and writes the wireless UART characteristic.
  • On the receiving end, the BleApp_GattServerCallback is triggered, and the funciton manages the gEvtAttributeWrittenWithoutResponse_c event, which will call the BleApp_ReceivedUartStream.
    This function will take the received information, clean it up and format it for the UART in the receiving device. It will also allocate memory, and then write it to the Serial Manager's Tx Buffer for transmission to the other card or transmission.

• For transmitting from the KW36 to the App, the serial data is received through the KW36's UART, using the Serial Manager functions. This information is then flushed to the corresponding Wireless UART characteristic through the BleApp_FlushUartStream function, writing the characteristic in the process.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

danieltseng
Contributor V

Thanks for the help, I have understood the subject.

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Please let me know if you need any more information!

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well!

Information about the OTAP process, as well as a general event flowchart can be found in section 11 of the BLE Application Developer's Guide; specifically, section 11.3.3 shows the following chart explaining the general flow of the OTAP procedure from Server to Client:

pastedImage_2.png

This document can be found in the following path of the SDK package:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36 - MCUXpresso\docs\wireless\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer Guide.pdf>

Please let me know if you need any more information, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian