Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32 debug probe with S32DS 3.2 latest update

JS_Ha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I updated S32DS with latest S32G SDK EAR 0.9 SDK, s32 debug probe is not working any more.

Target PCB is S32G-PROCEVB.

Till S32G SDK EAR 0.8 SDK, I could debug S32G EVB diag sw package with s32 debug probe, but after update with latest SDK, I have below error when I try debugging SW on S32G EVB with S32 debug probe. 

S32DS_S32G_KO.PNG

gta is listening on port 45000.
ccs_open
ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
port = 41475
timeout = 100
serverh = 0
ccs_open; ccs_error = 0
ccs_get_cc_config
serverh = 0
cc = 0
config_string =
ccs_get_cc_config; ccs_error = 23
Error message: CC not present
ccs_config_cc
serverh = 0
config_string = s32dbg:169.254.140.240
ccs_config_cc; ccs_error = 0
ccs_set_connection_timeout
serverh = 0
timeout = 100
ccs_set_connection_timeout; ccs_error = 0
ccs_config_server
serverh = 0
cc = 0
server_config = 0
value = 16000
ccs_config_server; ccs_error = 0
ccs_get_config_chain
serverh = 0
device_list: (size = 0)
ccs_get_config_chain; ccs_error = 0
ccs_config_chain
serverh = 0
cc = 0
device_list: (size = 2)
device[0]:: core_type=S32G(324)
device[1]:: core_type=DAP(232)
ccs_config_chain; ccs_error = 39
Error message: S32G: Initialization sequence is not found
ccs_get_subcore_error
serverh = 0
cc = 0
error = 73
chain_pos = 0
ccs_get_subcore_error; ccs_error = 0
ccs_config_chain
serverh = 0
cc = 0
device_list: (size = 2)
device[0]:: core_type=S32G(324)
device[1]:: core_type=DAP(232)
ccs_config_chain; ccs_error = 268435458
Error message: Initialization sequence error in command 0x2
ccs:Initialization sequence error in command 0x2

To be sure, I tried debugging on same S32DS version with S32V234 evb, it worked as like below

S32DS_S32V2_OK.PNG

Is there any hints of debugging board_init() script?

Thank you,

Best Regards

JS Ha

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

mccoin
Contributor I

Hi,

I encountered an issue which looks similar using S32S247TV on the S32S247TV EVB.

My error log looks pretty similar to yours (see attached errorLog.txt).

But sometimes, I succeed to establish the debug session (see the other .txt file).

I noticed that it works mostly, when I manually push the POR Reset button on the EVB and/or power-cycle the whole EVB (disconnecting 12V main supply).

--> So in my case, I suspect that somehow the debugger cannot drive the reset line to GND fast enough or the reset line cannot be released back to high level fast enough. And I somehow can manually overcome the issue by setting the correct levels by manually power cycling.

Does anyone has any suggestion what we can try here on the launch script side?

I assume, that maybe a timeout in the script is set a bit too strict and triggers an error before the EVB voltage levels are settled?

Best regards,

McCoin

0 Kudos

mccoin
Contributor I

After further investigations reading the S32S247TV EVB schematics of motherboard and daughterboard etc, I could narrow down my problem to the soft reset circuitry:

After the debugger pulls the soft reset down (Soft reset LED is lighting up) it releases the reset. The expected behaviour should be that the LED should turn off immediately. But instead, it is still lighting with less illumination (i.e. some undefined voltage level, probably still LOW). After a while (may take several seconds), the LED tuns completely off.

I tried to remove all possibly unnecessary connections on the EVB by opening soft reset jumpers leading to unused peripherals, such as Ethernet and external flash etc. - still no success and the soft reset LED is still lighting dimmed.

Then I found the solution for me: I turned the EVB completely off and removed the S32S247TV from the die holder, then re-inserted again. After that, the soft reset LED immediately turned off after the debugger pulled the line LOW during debug init phase. Debug session could be established and everything seems to work.

--> So long story short: You can try to remove your controller form the die holder and re-insert. Maybe it helps to resolve your issue as well.

0 Kudos

JS_Ha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Any comment on this?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I got similar error message, but with my own debug python script. I'll look at it and let you know.

Jiri  

0 Kudos