LPC802 IR application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC802 IR application

zhiwch
Contributor I

Hi, I am doing a project about receiving the input value from a remote via IR.

The protocol tends to be NEC

Please check the link if you need want more information for NEC

NEC Infrared Transmission Protocol | Online Documentation for Altium Products 

It seems I have to set an NEC to encode and decode function from IR.

I wonder how to generate the clock properly as a timer/counter to capture input 1 or 0 and return the decoded value to the main function.

The encode function is an interrupt function as IR receives the pulse from a remote.

I lost the thought to link encode and decode functions together such that pass through the decoded value to the main function.

Appreciate your time, if there is an efficient way to do IR encode and decode in LPC802, please share. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, zhiwch@my.yorku.ca

Sorry for the delay. 

As you may already check, the  CTIMER peripheral is suitable.  

For example, you could set the timer on a free-running mode and generate periodic interrupts to have a time base in combination with an external  GPIO interrupt to detect pulses.

Another way is to use the input capture mode of the timer to count the time between pulses.

Please note that you can import the  CTIMER and  GPIO (if required) examples from the device  SDK as a starting point to develop your application. 

The following links to similar applications can help you further.

Infrared Remote Control Techniques on MC9S08RC/RD/RE/RG Family

Implementing an IR Blaster on HCS08-Based IEEE® 802.15.4 Wireless Nodes

A method to realize IR remote receiver with Kinetis

On the other hand, a more efficient way is to use an IC to decode the IR NEC  protocol.

Please, let me know if this information was useful. 

Have a great day,
Diego

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos