cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXRT1060 Camera Interface

sathishkumar_r
Contributor II

Hi,

Now currently I am working with the MXRT1060 where we planned to interface the camera and using the UVC class for streaming. In the example source code they are using the SDRAM to store the frame buffers. Instead of using the frame buffers can I use the line buffers so that we can avoid using the SDRAM in our design, the line buffers size can be declared in RAM. Is this possible in RT1060?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sathish Kumar,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Instead of using the frame buffers can I use the line buffers so that we can avoid using the SDRAM in our design, the line buffers size can be declared in RAM. Is this possible in RT1060?
-- To be prudent, I was wondering if you can introduce the meaning of the line buffers prior to giving you some correct advice.
Looking forward to your reply.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

sathishkumar_r
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou,

Thanks for your reply.

Our requirement is we don't need to use SDRAM in our product design. So that for the CSI data transfer we need to use the on chip RAM instead of the SDRAM to store the frame buffers. In RT1060 current RAM size is 1MB so we can't store the one complete frame for higher resolutions. Instead of getting the full frame can we get the one line or multiple line data from CSI using RAM  and need to transfer to USB?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sathish Kumar,

Thanks for your clarification.
The CSI module doesn't support the kind of line buffer mechanism to receive the input data.
Hope this is clear.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos