cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash problem with MC56F8355

wanzig
Contributor I

Dear,   

I install the Flash Programmer, try to write in a S-record file to DSP56F8355 with CodeWarrior USB TAP.

But it always failed, says that the device is not powered up or there is another error communication.

I update the latest CCS driver, and check all other settings in Flash Programmer, should be alright.

Actually 2 years ago, i did the same thing and it was successful, but this time with nothing change, just another DSP56F8355.

There is a adaptor with a 47k Ohm resist on PIN 12 and 13, to connect the JTAG pin with the USB TAP.

When the adaptor is in right direction, it shows the error i mentioned above.

When i reverse the adaptor, the flashing success, but....it only erase the configuration without write in new configuration.

Can someone help? It really bothers me too much!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, ZhiGang,

Regarding your question that the "56800E Flash Programmer" has issue, I suppose you use Win7 or Win10 64 bits OS, in the case, maybe the CCS tools has issue which is from the Codewarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3..

I suggest you download/install  the latest CodeWarrior for mcu ver11.x from the link:

CodeWarrior® for Microcontrollers-Eclipse IDE 11.1 | NXP 

then you can create a project based on MC56F8355 and download project to MC56F8355 and check if there is any issue with the CodeWarrior for mcu ver11.x f which is based on Eclipse..

If the CodeWarrior for mcu ver11.x is okay to download code, and you do want to use "56800E Flash Programmer" tools to download code, you can copy the ccs tools following up the ticket.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341057 

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos