cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 ISI downscaling

xu_ji1
Contributor V

Hello,

Can i.MX8 ISI downscaling Raw12 bit camera output data?

That means camera output Raw 12 bit data 1280X800,then ISI processing it to 640X400 then output store in image file.

If can,how to do it in driver code?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I remember we discussed with this, for raw12 data, you need shift by yourself in the memory first, then use SOFTISP convert the data, mx8_v4l2_cap_drm don't support raw data directly in current bsp, but you can refer to the topic as below, how to capture raw data by mx8_v4l2_cap_drm,

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-345149

0 Kudos

xu_ji1
Contributor V

Yes,I know that,I already make the test program support Raw12 data,capture RAW image no problem.

The key point is ISI support Raw data downscaling or not?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes I mentioned before, the unit test mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.out supports this, you can use the command like

"mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.out -cam 1 -ow xx -oh xx -of", but I don't know if you have already shift the data, otherwise maybe you couldn't get correct image, but the answer is yes

0 Kudos

xu_ji1
Contributor V

If need shift data that means ISI only support RAW 16bit data,right?

Not support other RAW data,due to need shift data,and does NXP have demo about shift the RAW 12bit data that camera output at real time?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ISI can support capture, but not shift, we don't such demo code, I suggest that you can use raw8 data, if you use raw10 or raw12, you need to change by yourself

0 Kudos

xu_ji1
Contributor V

Hi,

Is there someone can help?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ISI can downsale, you can refer to the unit test linux-test/test/mxc_v4l2_test/mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.c there is an example of this in the function v4l2_setup_dev:

fmt.fmt.pix_mp.pixelformat = video_ch[ch_id].cap_fmt;   // sets the output format
fmt.fmt.pix_mp.width = video_ch[ch_id].out_width;          // sets the output width
fmt.fmt.pix_mp.height = video_ch[ch_id].out_height;       // sets the output height

0 Kudos

xu_ji1
Contributor V

Yes,I use mx8_v4l2_cap_drm test,but the Raw 12 output camera not be scaled, YUV output camera can scaling,Why about this?

0 Kudos