KW36 connect with 4 peripherals

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 connect with 4 peripherals

sihanchen
Contributor III

I would like to a ask a question about the multi-communication feature of the KW36. 

In our design, The KW36 will use BLE's SSP (serial port profile) and without using FreeRtos to communicate with 4 peripherals and have to transmit and receive the application data of 4 peripherals at same time. (multi-communication)

There are my question list as below : 

(1). Does KW36 have to use FreeRtos to run in multi-communication (4 peripherals) mode.

We don't like to use FreeRtos in our design, Because our design is to focus on automotive product.  

(2). Does the NXP's sample SDK provide related example SDK? 

If not, For more easy integration and development which NXP's example SDK should I use as code base? 

(3). If KW36 have to use FreeRtos for multi-communication feature, For more easy integration and development which NXP's example SDK should I use as code base? 

Thanks. 

1 Reply

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sihan, I hope you're doing well!

The BLE stack developed for KW36 requires some sort of RTOS to be able to function as intended, but it doesn't necessarily have to be FreeRTOS. The SDK examples come in two varieties: FreeRTOS and baremetal.

Still the "baremetal" example still use a kind of Abstraction Layer called the OSA Layer. This layer helps implement the RTOS requirements for the BLE stack to function properly, while not using FreeRTOS itself.

The SDK used for the KW36 can be downloaded from the MCUXpresso SDK builder online, where you can add all of the components you need for your design.

Within the folders of the SDK, you will find the examples provided for BLE, in the following path:

<…\SDK_2.2.2_FRDM-KW36 - MCUXpresso\boards\frdmkw36\wireless_examples\bluetooth>

There, most of the examples provided will have both, the FreeRTOS and Baremetal versions.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian