Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080 - Devkit stoped working

Jump to solution
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello team,

I have been working with QN9080 a few weeks back and everything was working properly, but when I have tried to work with the devkit once again and I got the following error: 'Wire Ack Fault'.

Could you please advise how to overcome this issue, please find below the errors log.

02: Failed on connect

02: Failed on connect

Could not connect to core.

31: No connection to chip's debug port

Debugging context: qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_glucose_sensor_freertos LinkServer Debug

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=55307 -g -mi -2 -pQN908XC -vendor=NXP --connectscript=RunBootRomConnect.scp --resetscript=qn908xreset.scp --reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -cache=disable --flash-driver= -x C:/Users/User/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/workspace_QN9080_2/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/QN908XC_support --flash-dir C:/NXP/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.0.1.201908271452/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/Users/User/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/workspace_QN9080_2/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/QN908XC_support/Flash --telnet 3330

Error message from debugger back end:

Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: Success.

Failed to execute MI command:

-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=55307 -g -mi -2 -pQN908XC -vendor=NXP --connectscript=RunBootRomConnect.scp --resetscript=qn908xreset.scp --reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -cache=disable --flash-driver= -x C:/Users/User/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/workspace_QN9080_2/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/QN908XC_support --flash-dir C:/NXP/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.win32_11.0.1.201908271452/binaries/Flash --flash-dir C:/Users/User/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563/workspace_QN9080_2/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/QN908XC_support/Flash --telnet 3330

Error message from debugger back end:

Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: Success.

Console log below

MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v11.0 (Aug 27 2019 16:46:33 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 22)

Found part description in XML file QN908XC_internal.xml

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) reports:

'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'

Retrying...

Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.

Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

============= SCRIPT: RunBootRomConnect.scp =============

Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

Error: Wire not connected

Halt on reset vector catch

Halt on watchpoint read of vector table

============= END SCRIPT ================================

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.

No connection to chip's debug port

Please advise back, thanks in advance and keep safe.

Kind regards,

Shai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai,

Could you please let me know which SDK example are you programming to your boards?

Also, could you please check to see if the following macro definition is set to 0?:

/* Enable/Disable PowerDown functionality in PwrLib */
#define cPWR_UsePowerDownMode           0

After programming the device in ISP mode, the shorted JP15 must be removed and the device reset to allow it to enter the normal execution mode.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please try programming your QN9080-DK in ISP mode?

You can enter this mode by pressing the reset button while the JP15 jumper is shorted. After programming, you can remove the jumper and reset the board again, and the device should be programmable again.

This could be happening because the program you downloaded may have implemented Low-Power mode, and it may have disabled the SWD interface. To prevent this, some SDK examples have the following macro, which can be set to 0 to disable low power mode for debugging purposes:

Please let me know if you have any further issues programming your board.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Sebastian,

I have tried to flash via ISP mode and it works but once I have been tried to debugging I got an error.

qn9080_gbd_error.jpg

Please advise what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance 

Kind regards,

Shai

0 Kudos
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shai,

Could you please let me know which SDK example are you programming to your boards?

Also, could you please check to see if the following macro definition is set to 0?:

After programming the device in ISP mode, the shorted JP15 must be removed and the device reset to allow it to enter the normal execution mode.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I did the procedure again after reinstalling MCUXpresso, and now it works as expected.

Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

BTW, my QN908X SDK version is 2.2.1 and the cPWR_UsePowerDownMode, MACRO I did not found where is the macro list in settings are but I have noticed in the code the that

#if defined(cPWR_UsePowerDownMode) && (cPWR_UsePowerDownMode)

is marked in gray which means is Disable ('0').

Thanks and stay safe,

Shai

0 Kudos
joseraffucci
Contributor IV

Have you tried to boot it into ISP mode and then re-flash with the debugger?

0 Kudos