Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinetisKE04 UART0 and UART1

Jump to solution
jun1
Contributor V

Thank you for your advice.

Is there any difference between UART0 and UART1 of kinetisKE04?
I am making MODBUS slave side communication software, and it works well with UART1, but with UART0, the transmission data is corrupted at baud rate 38400 or more.
Please let me know if you have anything.

jun.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jun1
Contributor V

thank you for your answer.
PTA3 is used for UART0_TX, but it seems that this port has an SCL port structure. So it worked fine if I pulled it up with more than 10 kilo ohms.
Thank you very much.UART0_TX.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jun1
Contributor V

thank you for your answer.
PTA3 is used for UART0_TX, but it seems that this port has an SCL port structure. So it worked fine if I pulled it up with more than 10 kilo ohms.
Thank you very much.UART0_TX.JPG

0 Kudos
nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When the Uart 0 and Uart 1 use as uart, it should be the same function. Uart0's TX pin has the modulation's function. But if you do not configure it, it should not influence the uart0. It's hard to say what's wrong with the uart0 when it is used in MODBUS at high baundrate.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos