cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 Using USB OTG1 and OTG2 together

Jump to solution
variable_andrew
Senior Contributor I

Are there any demos showing how to use USB1 and USB2 on the RT1052 simultaneously?

We actually would like to have both controllers controlled by the same logic, the difference would be on the board, USB_OTG1 uses USB C, and USB_OTG2 would use USB micro for example.

Is something like this possible / is there a demo that shows how to do this?

I'm using MCUXpresso 11.1.1, SDK2.7.0.

What I'm seeing right now is that you can only choose a single USB CONTROLLER_ID - using the usb cdc vcomm demo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi variable_andrew, 

Are there any demos showing how to use USB1 and USB2 on the RT1052 simultaneously?

Unfortunately, we don't have an example project that demonstrates how to use both USBs at the same time. 

This is possible, but you need to keep in mind the following things. The RT doesn't support USB 3.0, it reaches only 2.0. Also, the RT cannot handle the power delivery specification for USB type C. For this, you will need external hardware, like the OM13790 shield (OM13790: USB Type-C Shield Board Gen 2 | NXP ).  

Regards, 

Victor 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi variable_andrew, 

Unfortunately, we don't have an example project that demonstrates how to use both USBs at the same time. 

This is possible, but you need to keep in mind the following things. The RT doesn't support USB 3.0, it reaches only 2.0. Also, the RT cannot handle the power delivery specification for USB type C. For this, you will need external hardware, like the OM13790 shield (OM13790: USB Type-C Shield Board Gen 2 | NXP ).  

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos