cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-KV46F150M: CAN bus unable to transmit while in close loop control

mvrlee
Contributor II

Hi,

I downloaded the TWR-KV46F150M Power Conversion Quick Start Package with close loop control and tried to send a message to the CAN bus. Before I connect the TWR-KV46F150M to its tower module (for close loop control), I am able to send the message and receive it on another CAN node. However, once I plugged it into the tower module, the transmission could not be completed.

I wonder if there is any possible reason accounting for this and if there is any solution to the problem. Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Raymond,

Would you please let me know if you want to use the CAN transfer on TWR-KV46F150M(PCA82C250TD) or TWR-SER(TJA1050T)?

The PORTA13 (pin 43) CAN0_RX and PORTA12 (pin 42)  CAN0_TX should be selected by jumper J16 on TWR-KV46F150M.

PCA82C250TD.png

TJA1050T.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mvrlee
Contributor II

Hi Robin,

I want to use CAN transfer on TWR-KV46F150M, and my jumper settings should be correct. I took a photo to better illustrate my set up, indicating that the CAN transfer does not work when power plant (tower) is connected to the ev board.pastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You need to select Node A or Node B by using virtual serial port function of OpenSDA. Please connect pin3 and pin4 ofJ505, and connect pin3 and pin4 ofJ506.
In order to get most precise baud rate, you need to reconfigure the value of PSEG1/PSEG2/PROPSEG.

twrkv46f150m_flexcan_interrupt_transfer.png
I don't know the board in green that you connected on TOWER.
I just connect CANH(pin2) and CANL(pin1) on J13, my CAN analyzer is able to receive data.(J15 is also ON)

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos