cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkServer not Found

tkontogiorgis
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using W10 machine with LPCXpresso55S69 Board. I used the Board in another Windows 7 machine and everything was fine (also i used once in this Win10 machine and again fine!, maybe some windows updates caused the problem?  I cannot understand). I have a problem now with the Windows 10 machine while in Windows 7 machine i can 'see' the LinkSever. I am working with MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1_3241 in both machines. I have the following problem:

pastedImage_1.png

1) I uninstalled and re-installed twice all the drivers and MCUXpresso IDE along with SDK's board.

2) I runned the boot_link2 (while the DFU was on)  and not solved:pastedImage_2.png

3) I tried to "Clean up Debug" via MCUXpresso IDE and re-run the debug but still nothing..

4) Tried to "Boot Debug Proble" ( with both DFU on and off)  via MCUXpresso IDE and this error occured:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

5) Installed LPC_Scrypt v2.1.1_15 and run the lpc_driver_installer application and nothing changed.

6) Runned  program_CMSIS from LPCScrypt\Scripts path.Nothing happened..

All the clues show that is something probably with Windows 10 right? Is there anything else i could do? Unfortunately, i have only the Windows 10 engine available at the moment... 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

tkontogiorgis
Contributor II

Hi converse‌,

After installing the MCUXpresso in another Windows 10 machine and working correctly i realized that the problem was specifically to my machine. I did 2 things in parallel so i don't know which of them solved the problem:

1) Uninstalled some latest Windows updates  ( KB4551762 and KB4540673) (I did this because some weeks ago

the specific machine was fully functional).

2) Uninstalled the MCUXpresso , all the windows drivers (these have been done again) and also after uninstalling

everything from Control Panel- Programms i deleted the Segger trash-remaining files that exist in Programm Files

even after uninstallation ( this was the first time i did that)

Now everything works!

Do you think the 2) (Segger remaining files in Programm Files could cause the problem? ) step should troubleshoot the problem or not? 

Best Regards,

Theo

tkontogiorgis
Contributor II

Hello converse‌ and thanks for the quick response,

1)i tried the following setup and nothing again.. ( 5V power Only from different machine and debug probe in the "problematic" machine):

IMG_8634.jpg

2) I also tried with another cable. Still nothing..

Sincerely,

Theo

0 Kudos

tkontogiorgis
Contributor II

Hi converse

Thanks for responding,

pastedImage_2.png

The laptop has 3 Usb-ports (2 USB 2 and one USB 3.0). I tried to re-installed the USB Root Hub (not the Generic USB Hub) and nothing happened. Should i try to re-install the Generic USB Hub?

Best Regards,

Theo

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

No.

Have you tried connecting to a different USB port and have you tried a different USB cable? Are your USB ports able to supply sufficient power? If not, try external power

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

try running 

<xpresso_install>\ide\binaries\Scripts\listusb

and post the results

0 Kudos